- Professor Hyoungkwan Kim starts his presidency for IAARC
- Professor Hyoungkwan Kim started his presidency for IAARC (International Association for Automation and Robotics in Construction) at 39th ISARC (International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction), Bogota, Columbia (July 13-15, 2022). IAARC is the premier global organization dedicated to the advancement of automation and robotics in construction. Professor Kim was awarded the prestigious Tucker-Hasegawa Award 2020 in recognition of his outstanding and continuing achievements in the fields of construction automation and robotics. He will lead the IAARC as the president for the next three years.
- 건설환경공학과 관리자 2022.11.13
- Selection of R&D Project Worth 12.6 Billion Won by Research Team of Professor Sohn Hong-Gyoo
- Professor Hong-Gyoo Sohn's research team got five-year research grant from Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport for Digital National Database Technology Development Project from 2022 to 2026. He participated as principal investigator of the "Development of Automatic Change Detection and Map Composition Techniques Based on Multi-dimensional/Multi-temporal Geospatial Data for Efficient Construction of Digital National Database" project worth 12.6 billion won.
- 건설환경공학과 관리자 2022.06.21
- 'Construction material and structural system laboratory for carbon sequestration' was selected as 2022 BRL
- A team of Profs. Tong-Seok Han, Kyoungsoo Park, and Yun Mook Lim at Yonsei University as well as Prof. Gun Kim at UNIST recieved funding on carbon sequestration for construction material and system for three years (2022. 6. 1. - 2025. 2.28.) from Basic Research Laboratory (BRL) program of National Research Foundation of Korea. The project will focus on the accelerated carbonation of construction materials and systems, and apply tehcnologies to not only conventional construction industies but also smart construction sectors such as 3D concrete printing. As the importance of carbon neutrality increases, the project is expected to promote the competitiveness of futuristic construction industies.
- 건설환경공학과 관리자 2022.06.21
- Civil and Environmental Engineering 2nd & 3rd grade students Shinchon welcome party
- On June 3, 2022, a welcome party was held for Civil and Environmental Engineering 2nd & 3rd grade students Date: June 3 5:30 pm Venue: Auditorium on the 1st basement floor of the Engineering hole Contents: (Pre-event: student treasure hunt), department and club introduction, catering meal, prize draw etc.
- 건설환경공학과 관리자 2022.06.13
- Prof. H. Kang’s lab received research grant from Ministry of Environment, Korea
- Professor Hojeong Kang’s lab received research grant of 3.5 million USD for 4.5 years on ‘the estimation of carbon budget in wetland ecosystems’, which is supported by Ministry of Environment, Korea. Professors Yeonjoo Kim and Youngreul Ryu (SNU) will join the team, investigating the amount of and mechanism for C sequestration in wetlands. This project will provide valuable scientific information to achieve carbon-neutrality in Korea.
- 건설환경공학과 관리자 2022.05.11
- Dr. Ji-Su Kim (academic advisor: Dr. Tong-Seok Han) joined University of Seoul
- Dr. Ji-Su Kim was appointed as an assistant professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at University of Seoul in March 2022. Dr. Ji-Su Kim earned a bachelor's degree in 2014, a master’s degree in 2016, and a Ph.D degree in 2020 from the Department of Civil and Environment Engineering, Yonsei University. She conducted postdoctoral research at Technische Universität Berlin from 2020, before moving to University of Seoul in March 2022.
- 건설환경공학과 관리자 2022.03.03
- Dr. Dohyun Kim (academic advisor: Dr. Sangseom Jeong) joined the CEE department at Hanbat National University
- Dr. Dohyun Kim was selected as an assistant professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Hanbat National University. Dr. Dohyun Kim earned his bachelor's degree in 2012, and his Ph.D degree in 2018 from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Yonsei University. Before joining Hanbat National University, he conducted postdoctoral research at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2019, and moved to Alberta Canada in 2021, where he was appointed as a research associate of the Reservoir Geomechanics Research Group at the University of Alberta.
- 건설환경공학과 관리자 2022.03.03
- Prof. Yeonjoo Kim’s research group, Unrevealing carbon response of tundra ecosystems to advancing greenup and snowmelt i
- Prof. Yeonjoo Kim’s research group, Unrevealing carbon response of tundra ecosystems to advancing greenup and snowmelt in Alaska Prof. Yeonjoo Kim’s research group at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering investigated carbon response of tundra ecosystems to advancing greenup and snowmelt in Alaska. The ongoing disproportionate increases in temperature and precipitation over the Arctic region may greatly alter the latitudinal gradients in greenup and snowmelt timings as well as associated carbon dynamics of tundra ecosystems. In this study, Prof. Kim‘s research group used remotely-sensed and ground-based datasets and model results embedding snowmelt timing in phenology at seven tundra flux tower sites in Alaska. This study showed that the carbon response to early greenup or delayed snowmelt varies greatly depending upon local climatic limits. Given the high likelihood of more frequent delayed snowmelt at higher latitudes, this study highlights the importance of understanding the role of snowmelt timing in vegetation growth and terrestrial carbon cycles across warming Arctic ecosystems. This study was funded by grants from the Korea Polar Research Institute and the National Research Foundation of Korea. This study was published online in Nature Communications on Nov. 25th,2021. Publication Info. Title: Carbon response of tundra ecosystems to advancing greenup and snowmelt in Alaska Link: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-26876-7
- 건설환경공학과 관리자 2021.12.27
- Prof. Kim Two papers on organic waste recycle are selected as 2020 Top 1% FWCI papers
- Two papers were selected as Top 1% FWCI papers in 2020, which were written by Sang-Hyoun Kim, an associate professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering,. “Microbial strategies for bio-transforming food waste into resources” reviewed state-of-art knowledge about various sources of food waste generation, their utilization, and valorization by exploiting microorganisms. “Conversion of waste cooking oil into biodiesel using heterogenous catalyst derived from cork biochar” showed transesterification of waste cooking oil using a heterogeneous catalyst prepared by pyrolysis of waste cork. Both papers were published in Bioresource Technology (IF: 9.642). Prof. Kim has investigated organic waste recycle to fuel and chemicals such as H2, CH4, bioplastic, and biodiesel and has published more than 200 SCIE papers with Scopus h-index 45.
- 건설환경공학과 관리자 2021.08.29